Under the general direction of the Administrative Director, this position will assist in the day to day operational activities of a large research center; helping to maintain an efficient and smooth running department. Serving as a first point of contact, this position is primarily responsible for managing the main telephone line, ordering new office supplies, responding to and resolving service and other office related issues. The Office Ambassador will provide administrative, secretarial, and clerical support to others in the office.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage main phone line of the Ragon Institute - answer all calls, answer many miscellaneous questions, take and distribute messages, and transfer calls to appropriate staff members
• Greet public and visitors and direct them to the correct staff
• Sort, and distribute incoming mail; prepare outgoing mail and faxes for distribution
• Monitor incoming emails and answer or forward as necessary
• Faxing, scanning, and copying of documents
• Maintain office filing and storage system
• Update and maintain databases such as mailing lists and contact lists
• Type documents, reports, and correspondence
• Coordinate and organize appointments and meetings
• Assist with event planning and implementation
• Monitor and maintain office supplies
• Machine maintenance (copier, fax, and printer troubleshooting), ordering of paper, etc.
• Perform work related errands as requested such as going to post office or MGH main campus
• Prioritize and organize projects to be completed daily, while successfully meeting multiple deadlines. •The ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities are essential.
• Complete and process advance authorization forms
• Set up Zoom/ Microsoft Teams conference calls and manage conference room bookings
• Complete work orders as needed
• Performs other duties as requested by office manager and senior staff
High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
Some college or Associates Degree preferred
Must have strong administrative, communication, problem solving and computer skills, with a working knowledge of MACS and PC's.
Must be adept at working in a fast paced environment, demanding strong organizational skills.
Must be familiar with standard office equipment and well versed in using MS Office suite
Must have good telephone manners
Ability to deal effectively and courteously with a diverse group of internal and/or external customers
Ability to quickly dispatch and follow-up service requests to completion
The Office Assistant will be based at 400 Technology Square. The office will be networked to the PARTNERS computer systems and the applicant will have access to all pertinent PARTNER software.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: N/A
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Posted 23 minutes ago
Posted 23 minutes ago
Posted 22 minutes ago