SCHOOL OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SCI (IN-SHHS-IUINA)
The School of Health & Human Sciences advances healthcare, kinesiology, sport, and event tourism through education, research, and community engagement. Leveraging its urban location, university reputation, deep community partnerships, and highly regarded faculty, the school prepares students to influence the future of these professions through a variety of degree offerings and scholarly activities.
Our school is committed to the development of an inclusive multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden students' academic experience and to enrich our school and the university.
Staff members enjoy a variety of flexible work arrangements, including opportunities for remote work, as well as a robust PTO package to accommodate both personal and professional responsibilities.
- Serves as an administrative coordinator for the School of Health & Human Sciences (SHHS) and Camp Brosius.
- Responsible for coordinating the administrative operations related to Camp Brosius facilities and programming, SHHS space within the IUPUI Natatorium, space-related projects and renovations, and coordination with other relevant campus entities.
- Serves as administrative coordinator for the SHHS finance and administration team and manages Natatorium reception operations and other administrative duties as needed.
- Provides administrative support to executives, exercising confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
- Utilizes business software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, etc.
- Receives, screens, and directs incoming calls, visitors, mail, and email promptly, courteously, and accurately.
- Manages executive's calendar, meetings, travel, correspondence, and budget.
- Acts as informal resource for colleagues with less experience; responds to more complex or escalated inquiries.
- Identifies, enhances, and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of the business to which the support is being provided.
- May perform other duties related to maintaining an internal website and/or working with social media.
- High school diploma or GED.
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
- 4 years of relevant experience.
Working Conditions / Demands
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Effective conflict management skills.
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation. Must possess a valid driver's license to operate school and camp vehicles.
Occasional travel to Camp Brosius in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin is encouraged, but not required. Work Location
901 W. New York Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 Advertised Salary
Salary Range: $40,000 - $45,000 per yearJob Classification
Career Level: Mastery
Job Function: General Administration
Job Family: Administrative Support
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us