As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care, and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Under the direction of the QPE Administrative Manager, the incumbent will ensure efficient and effective delivery of the functional day-to-day operations, including heavy routine calendar management, for the MGB Senior Medical Director of Primary Care and the Senior Corporate Director of Primary and Specialty Care, as well as calendar management for the Behavioral Health Program Director, Primary Care Program Director, and other department leaders' calendars as assigned. The incumbent will assist with document preparation and maintenance using the MS Office Suite of Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), submitting expenses and purchase orders as needed, and other administrative project coordination as assigned. Work requires strong written and verbal communication skills, continual attention to detail, self-motivation, creative problem solving, excellent time management and the ability to successfully prioritize tasks and workload. Works closely with a variety of levels of clinical, professional, and administrative staff system-wide; as well as various external contacts. The incumbent will be a part of the QPE Administrative team and assist in departmental administrative duties including onboarding, timekeeping, equipment ordering, and cross coverage as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Calendar management: this includes using Microsoft Outlook for the planning and timely notification of meetings and appointments using independent judgment in setting priorities and proposing alternatives to meetings; and working with other assistants to schedule.
- Handle confidential business matters with utmost discretion and judgment.
- Routinely work with vendors to obtain quotes and to process invoices for payment.
- Facilitate expense submittal for the staff one supports, and occasional business travel arrangements.
- Assist in document creation in such tools as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel, as requested.
- Support team members with logistics and organizational skills for ad hoc projects as required. This can include updating and tracking delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines.
- Screen and expedite priority matters for staff who are away from their office.
- Maintain office files and system drives in a reliable and organized manner to ensure the easy retrieval of documents and correspondence.
- Maintain committee rosters and system/file access across all team initiatives, as requested.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with other administrative staff across the Mass General Brigham system.
- Prioritize and track responsibilities and tasks, seeking advice and communicating progress as appropriate
- Assist with events as needed, e.g. annual program meetings, smaller periodic conferences, etc.
- Function as a member of the QPE administrative team, including cross coverage as needed/directed and assistance in departmental administrative duties
- Work is performed in a fast-paced office environment and involves frequent contact with physicians, administrative and staff at all levels.
- 8:30 am to 5pm, with occasional early and late meetings outside of this range
- Possible local travel to Mass General Brigham sites
- Associate's Degree or related experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2+ years of administrative experience, preferably in a health care professional environment, including day-to-day administrative support of senior management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor. Work requires continual attention to detail
- Extraordinarily organized with excellent attention to detail, follow through and a proactive approach to problem-solving and prioritization.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, reprioritize on the fly, and able to recognize when issues should be escalated.
- Enthusiasm for learning new concepts and working with new tools and sources of information.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to tailor messages to individuals and audiences throughout the organization.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with a broad array of staff and management across the organization.
- Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and, Visio, and other Windows and web-based programs preferred. Experience with Microsoft SharePoint is a plus.
- Interest in being part of a team and a division devoted to improving patient care quality and experience and improving the equity in which care is delivered to all patients.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
This job has expired.