Meta Reality Labs is looking for an Audio System Design Engineer who will help us innovate, develop, and execute on the audio hardware architecture for future AR and VR products. We are looking for someone who enjoys collaboration with a multi-functional team including a wide array of audio experts and product development experts. If you have a strong background in consumer electronics, speakers, multi-mic systems, complex acoustic systems and vibration systems, we encourage you to apply!
Acoustic System Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Drive the innovation and development of new architecture concepts for speaker subsystems and multi-mic arrays for AR and VR.
- Explore audio design targets that relate to perceptual audio experiences. Translate targets into an audio system architecture.
- Communicate design constraints and design guidance to cross functional partners.
- Hold a high bar to audio quality by defining acoustic test and measurement requirements to test engineers.
- Produce meaningful data and demos that effectively inform cross functional partners on key product decisions.
- Provide noise and vibration control guidance to the product team.
- 5+ years of experience in high volume manufacturing
- Leadership, communication, and organization skills
- Experience consciously managing both short-term and long-term workflows in a highly dynamic environment
- 5+ years of experience in audio hardware system design for a consumer electronic device involving multiple subsystems (e.g. RF, camera, display, battery, thermal, etc.)
- Proven high productivity in cross-functional workflows (e.g., PD/ID/PM/EE/etc.)
- Advanced degree in Acoustics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Physics
- Working knowledge of audio software architecture, audio DSP, psychoacoustics, perceptual audio quality
- Familiarity with acoustic simulation (e.g. COMSOL, Microcap, MATLAB, etc.)
- Proficiency in CAD, MATLAB, Audition, JMP, Klippel, and Max MSP
- Working knowledge of prototyping and manufacturing methods
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.