FINANCE, BUDGET AND STRATEGY (BL-BAP-IUBLA)
Department Specific Responsibilities
- Provides financial support to assist several different RCs and centers that report through the Office of the Provost.
- Serves as the primary processor of financial documents, including IU and IU Foundation payments and reimbursements, disbursement vouchers, receipts, invoices, and other various financial transactions.
- Responsible for ensuring financial polices, including Office of Research Administration (ORA) policies are being adhered to.
- Acts as the primary processor on financial documents including IU and IU Foundation requisitions, payments and employee reimbursements, disbursement vouchers, receipts, invoices, and other various KFS documents.
- Verifies that requested activity has unit level approval and ensure sufficient funds are in place and is following ORA guidelines.
- Audits receipts and invoices, calculate cost, verify compliance with all associated IU and IUF policy.
- With minimal supervision, performs financial and administrative tasks related to processing financial or other administrative records.
- Takes on more complex assignments and provides guidance to lower-level Financial Administration Coordinators.
- Maintains records of financial transactions, compiles data, and prepares reports. May oversee the processing of documents into the university's central information systems (Travel, KFS, HRMS, etc.).
- Investigates and resolves discrepancies that require more advanced knowledge and experience; following policies and procedures, recommends audits.
- Assists in designing, documenting, and implementing processes.
- Processes payroll and verifies accuracy of payroll information. Verifies accuracy of adjustments to payroll including supplements and garnishments.
- Monitors financial accounts and ensures timely payments are made to payees.
- Responds to inquiries regarding financial and/or personnel policies and procedures; takes the lead on the most complex cases within their scope of work.
- Serves as liaison to department and/or other university divisions.
- High school diploma or GED
- 4 years of relevant experience
Working Conditions / Demands
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- General knowledge or demonstrated ability to learn basic functionality of IU systems (KFS, HRMS, SIS)
- Experience in managing and documenting workflows, processes, and/or data entry.
- Basic understanding of technology.
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as phone, fax, scanner, etc.
- Proficiency in computer systems, including standard Office software.
- Basic accounting and financial skills; ability to reconcile accounts.
- Prior demonstrated ability to apply concepts and policies to daily work functions
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly present material and make it accessible to a specific audience
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Work Location
Bloomington, IndianaJob Classification
Career Level: Mastery
Job Function: Finance
Job Family: Financial Administration
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us