Learning and growing with NPD
Combining consumer surveys, retail point-of-sale data, and cutting-edge analytics, The NPD Group delivers trusted retail industry research to the world's most successful brands and retailers. We also offer careers that reward innovation and provide growth opportunities for forward-thinking problem-solvers who join our team. Speed your career growth, while working with the best and brightest in the market research industry.
This entry level position will work within the Finance Operations department. Primary responsibilities include assisting in maintaining our general ledger across multiple entities and currencies, preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports, including consolidated financial statements and preparation of account reconciliations. This position will report to the Assistant Controller. Finance Operations includes Accounting, Reporting, Treasury, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Tax.
We are looking for a candidate with strong analytical and problem-solving skills who is motivated and would like to develop a career as part of an evolving department within a dynamic and growing company.
- Maintain financial records for multi-currency subsidiaries by analyzing and reconciling accounts
- Assist in the monthly close process by preparing recurring and nonrecurring monthly journal entries
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly internal consolidated financial statements and annual external financial statements
- Prepare monthly financial summary reports distributed internally
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations including bank reconciliations, analyze activity and distribute analysis to account owners
- Assist in the accounts payable process including the preparation of payment to vendors
- Provide supporting documentation to outside auditors
- Perform special projects and ad hoc analysis as needed
After building a foundation in Finance Operations, the opportunity to rotate into Financial Planning and Analysis may be available where responsibilities will include management reporting, budgeting, forecasting and other analyses to support effective business decisions by the company management.Requirements/Competencies:
- 0-2 years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision making
- Strong written and oral communication skills and an ability to communicate with internal and external clients at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and deliver results
- Experience with NetSuite or a general ledger software is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Office (especially Excel) skills are a must
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.