Cox Media Group is hiring an experienced Media Sales Account Executive to be based out of Seattle, WA supporting KIRO CBS 7. The Account Executive is responsible for generating media revenue to meet or exceed predetermined goals by working with key advertising agencies, prospecting local businesses, presenting sales proposals, closing the sale and providing continuous customer service. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
You will service and secure mutually beneficial relationships with various local agencies, businesses and individuals that have a desire to reach their target audience through our various advertising channels and services. This position will be work-from-home while local Covid restrictions are in place, afterwards, it will be office based with in-person visits to potential clients in the Seattle DMA Area.
If you have at least 2 years of recent media sales in TV or radio, with experience in prospecting, creating, developing, and maintaining business, a valid U.S. driver's license, and top notch presentation skills, than we want you to apply today!
Cox Media Group Offers:
Once you apply, check your phone and email for messages about scheduling a preliminary phone interview if you meet minimum requirements. Don't forget to listen to voicemails and check your spam folder, just in case!What we look forRequirements:
- Compensation is based on the individual's experience with a 6 month pay guarantee while you ramp up, afterwards monthly commission and yearly bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including: medical, dental, vision, pharmacy benefits, 401k and Roth IRA plans available, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, insurance and disability plans, employee assistance programs, pet insurance, and more!
- Growth opportunities and training
- Minimum 2 years of media sales experience in TV or radio
- Understanding of marketing and experience negotiating with advertising agencies
- Strong command of online display advertising, streaming video, social and search marketing
- Experience in prospecting, creating and developing business
- Bachelor's degree is highly preferred, but will accept those with equivalent experience
- No non-compete with other broadcast outlets
- Valid U.S. driver's license and reliable transportation to visit potential clients (once Covid restrictions are lifted)
- Advanced to Expert in Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
Cox Media Group is built on a 100-year legacy of blazing trails in the world of media. Over that time, we've covered war and peace, tragedies and celebrations, small moments and global movements. Our company has thrived, all while local news and world events have continued to reshape our society. Until 2019, CMG was a part of Cox Enterprises. Today, we are an independent media company-a legacy brand with a startup mentality - and you can be part of the next chapter at CMG. We are an equal opportunity employer.#LI-AK1