As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
The Account Associate I (IAM - TEAM) generates shareholder value by using a consultative retention based selling approach for Small/Medium commercial Waste Management customers as part of a team-based queue. The IAM - TEAM manages existing business relationships focused on achieving budgeted retention goals by developing and implementing sound retention strategies, utilizing strong negotiation efforts to preserve business, and securing and updating contract agreements from WM customers as well as growing revenues from existing customers, by upselling and cross selling. The role of the IAM - TEAM is to maintain a net positive business performance in the commercial space through proactive outreach, account retention and revenue protection efforts to maintain a mutually beneficial alignment between the customer and WM's growth goals.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Customer interaction (external and internal), response & follow up.
- Serves as the lead point of contact for customer account management matters as part of a team-based queue, establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with internal and external customers, and build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Aligns Waste Management products and services with customer needs, propose solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations, and increase account penetration through consultative selling skills.
- Offering new/additional services to increase our net new business performance.
- Negotiates, updates, and renews customer service agreements to maximize profits by providing ongoing education of contract details and use of strong negotiation skills.
- Resolves challenging customer requests and collaborate with the Inside Sales Manager to resolve all customer escalations or issues.
- Communicate rates, charges and service strategies with conviction as well as understand and effectively use customer incentives and concessions within appropriate profit targets and level of authority.
- Collaborates with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory and engage additional WM business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
- Administrative work.
- Use Waste Management sales productivity software tools accurately and consistently (i.e. Salesforce.com/Customer Relationship Management and Pricing Tools).
- Prepares reports as needed and/or handle general administrative duties as appropriate.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: One (1) year of business-to-business account management experience at a proficient level (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to effectively convert customer cancellation requests into long term relationships.
- Ability to effectively build relationships across a wide variety of business types.
- Ability to multi-task and perform computer duties across multiple screens while on phone with customers addressing issues or concerns in a professional tone and temperament.
- Proficient in time management and in computer skills - Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Positive attitude that enjoys assisting and providing solutions to others.
- High impact communication in written and verbal manner.
- Ability to adapt to change and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to negotiate effectively to retain customers and capture new business.
- Ability to utilize sound business practices.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply. ABOUT WM
This job has expired.
) is North America's largest comprehensive waste management environmental solutions provider. Previously known as Waste Management and based in Houston, Texas, WM is driven by commitments to put people first and achieve success with integrity. The company, through its subsidiaries, provides collection, recycling and disposal services to millions of residential, commercial, industrial and municipal customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. With innovative infrastructure and capabilities in recycling, organics and renewable energy, WM provides environmental solutions to and collaborates with its customers in helping them achieve their sustainability goals. WM has the largest disposal network and collection fleet in North America, is the largest recycler of post-consumer materials and is the leader in beneficial reuse of landfill gas, with a growing network of renewable natural gas plants and the most gas-to-electricity plants in North America. WM's fleet includes nearly 11,000 natural gas trucks - the largest heavy-duty natural gas truck fleet of its kind in North America - where more than half are fueled by renewable natural gas. To learn more about WM and the company's sustainability progress and solutions, visit Sustainability.WM.com