Job ID: 229119
CRH is a leading global diversified building materials group, employing over 85,000 people at more than 3,600 locations in 32 countries. Imagine a company capable of providing the modern building materials needed to build our homes, schools, communities, even the bridges and highways to get you there. We are CRH Americas, North America's largest manufacturer of building products and the second largest globally.
Located in Atlanta, GA, CRH Americas Corporate Finance is currently recruiting for the position of Accounts Payable Specialist. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic and professional team in a changing environment with considerable scope for learning and development.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Process weekly expense reports - cash and American Express - including regular communications regarding expenses.
- Assist with preparing monthly AP accrual and reclass entries.
- Balance cash concentration accounts.
- Research and answer questions regarding invoices and payments from vendors and department managers.
- Proactively work with other departments to obtain invoice approvals and documentation.
- Purchase Order and Standalone Invoice preparation and input.
- Wire payment requests as needed.
- Post intercompany transactions in accounting software and prepare support for monthly pushdowns.
- Process incoming mail and prepare checks for mailing.
- Assist in ongoing process improvement and automation.
- Maintain professional demeanor at all times while representing the company
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
- Other duties as directed by the Finance team.
- Associates degree required; Accounting focus preferred
- Minimum 1-year professional experience; full cycle accounts payable preferred
- Must have expert proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be 18 years in age or older
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required
- Able to read and/or follow written and verbal instructions and implement the same.
- Ability to adapt to changing and process driven environment.
- Excellent communication, organization and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining confidentiality and attention to detail.
- Has the ability to achieve tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must be practical, motivated and have a high degree of initiative.
- Be dependable, reliable and a team player.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of best-practice accounts payable processes, policies and procedures.
- Excellent computer skills and an aptitude for learning new software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations
- May require sitting for extended periods of time
- Work Environment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
- Usually, normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Sep 18, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Business Process, Management
This job has expired.