The Maintenance Technician III is the technical expert within the Maintenance department. The person holding this position is able to perform a variety of duties requiring a high degree of responsibility, skill, knowledge, training and experience. The position is expected to work with minimal supervision or direction to complete projects and assignments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Provide training to operators and other Maintenance personnel in equipment design and function. Provide equipment and shop skills training to all Maintenance staff.
· Work directly with the Maintenance Manager to achieve company and department goals and objectives, regularly reporting on progress made.
· Work directly with Production supervisors/managers to assess equipment needs and challenges affecting daily operations.
· Responsible for evaluation and troubleshooting and implementation of corrective actions of complex electric controls, on both micro-processor and relay designs.
· Will independently program, troubleshoot and develop validation protocols to support internally designed and fabrication automated equipment.
· Provide support to the fabrication of machine components and fixtures or support the repairs and improvements of mechanical devices which support the production departments. Proficient mills, lathes, grinding and welding.
· Evaluate problems and determine root cause corrective actions as to woodworking process, tooling or machine malfunction.
· Interface with design to support the generation of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematic and blueprints as applicable.
· Develop or modify production and prototype automated assembly equipment and fixtures.
· Evaluate, troubleshoot and implement corrective actions on all machinery and auxiliary automated assembly equipment
· Maintain clean and organized work areas
· Perform other duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
High school diploma or equivalent is required
At least 7 years of relevant work experience is required.
Ability to evaluate design flaws and implement corrective actions to eliminate chronic problems or excessive downtime in areas of assignment.
Knowledge in robotic/CNC systems with ability to support the electronic interface, mechanical installation, design/fabrication, repair and maintenance of various brands of secondary automation devices for automated production equipment
Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Ability to develop operating and maintenance manuals for a variety of equipment.
Ability to develop preventative maintenance requirements and schedules for equipment.
Ability to read and understand component, machine design electric, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics and blueprints.
Basic math and engineering skills to support the design or modification of equipment or fixtures as required.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
(Number of people, job titles)
Typical Working Conditions: (Describe environment including exposure to heat, cold, fumes, chemicals, allergens, mold, etc.)
Non-climate controlled manufacturing warehouse environment with constant noise and frequent vibrations.
Working around equipment and machinery
(List all manual and automated equipment used in the course of performing essential functions.)
Industrial machines (wood working)
Basic hand and power tools
Essential Physical Tasks:
(List all physical tasks encountered in performing essential functions.)
Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching
Constant standing, walking, handling, grasping, talking, hearing with eye/hand/foot coordination
Occasional climbing, balancing, crawling, feeling, and repetitive motions
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person will be denied employment solely because of a disability, provided that the person can perform the essential functions of the position for which the person has applied, either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled