The individual in this role will learn to program liquid handling robots and other lab automation tools. The individual will work with method developers, scientists, and operators to build, test, and release automation methods. The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of lab bench work, programming concepts or experience with liquid handling robotics. The successful candidate must be eager to learn and be driven to be part of a fast-paced and highly motivated team.
Our co-op program dates are from January 16, 2024 -June 21, 2024. Candidates must be available for the entire duration of the program.
Here's What You'll Do:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Learn to program liquid handling robotics (HAMILTON)
- Learn to take a manual lab protocol and convert to an automated process
- Work on creating new/updating existing methods on liquid handling robots
- Test written methods and validate methods with scientists to deliver automated solutions
- Coordinate with other team members using collaborative tools (BitBucket, Jira, Confluence)
Moderna is pleased to provide you with an innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Currently enrolled Senior or Master's program; science/bioengineering major is preferred
- Some basic knowledge of programming concepts
- Requires hands-on lab work
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Previous co-op or intern experience preferred.
- Must be curious, eager, open to learning, and independent.
- Legal authorization to work in the US
- Free premium access to meditation and mindfulness classes
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Since our founding in 2010, we have aspired to build the leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to reimagine how medicines are created and delivered, and a world-class team. We believe in giving our people a platform to change medicine and an opportunity to change the world.
By living our mission, values, and mindsets every day, our people are the driving force behind our scientific progress and our culture. Together, we are creating a culture of belonging and building an organization that cares deeply for our patients, our employees, the environment, and our communities.
We are proud to have been recognized as a Science Magazine Top Biopharma Employer, a Fast Company Best Workplace for Innovators, and a Great Place to Work in the U.S.
If you want to make a difference and join a team that is changing the future of medicine, we invite you to visit modernatx.com/careers to learn more about our current opportunities.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is a place where everyone can grow. If you meet the Basic Qualifications for the role and you would be excited to contribute to our mission every day, please apply!
Moderna is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry or citizenship, ethnicity, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, or any other personal characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Belonging, Inclusion, and Diversity are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We're focused on attracting, retaining, developing, and advancing our employees and believe that by cultivating diverse experiences, backgrounds, and ideas, we can provide an environment where every employee is able to contribute their best.
Moderna is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the Talent Acquisition Partner or contact the Accommodations team at email@example.com. (EEO/AAP Employer)
This job has expired.