At L'Oréal, whether you are an intern, manager, or senior leader, the most valuable asset we have is you. Your unique sense of curiosity, creative mindset, and desire to innovate are what we expect you to bring with you every day.
The L'Oréal USA Digital Management Trainee Program is a full-time, 12-month opportunity for you to kick-off your career at the #1 Beauty Tech company in the world that starts in Fall 2022. We are committed to giving our Management Trainees the space to learn, develop, and grow into future leaders for the Group. At the end of the program you will be considered for an Assistant Manager opportunity across Digital based on your performance and potential at the end of the program.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so it is highly encourage to apply soon. We encourage students of diverse backgrounds to apply, including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender expression, LGBTQ+, military status, and people with disabilities.
What You'll Do:
We kick-off this immersive experience with approximately 3 weeks focused on the L'Oréal essentials - honing your business acumen, elevating your knowledge of our products, consumers, customers, digital skills and helping you understand the company culture. During this induction, you will meet your digital team and onboard with the other Management Trainees in Marketing, Sales, Finance, IT, R&I, and Operations. You will also manage 1-2 strategic projects over the course of your year in the program.
Next, you will take on your journey through a customized curriculum based on your interests, development opportunities, and where we see you as bringing a lot of value to the organization. You will learn a few fundamental building blocks of digital such as Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Data Driven Marketing (DDM), and Merchandising through various experiences on specific teams such as eRetail, Owned Site, Amazon, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Loyalty, or Data Driven Marketing (DDM). We will also help you understand the building blocks of the total business through either a U.S. Marketing or Offline/B&M experience.
During this assignment, you will continue to master your digital skills by working on your digital project - (conducting research, competitive analysis, interviewing stakeholders, creating your launch plan, and developing cross-functional partnerships, etc.). You will also focus on the offline business to develop an understanding of online vs. offline to help create a seamless experience for the consumer at all touchpoints.
Who You Are:
· Understand how to transform your academic knowledge into solid business acumen
· Develop a deep holistic knowledge of consumers, shoppers and customers to generate creative insights
· Analyze markets, brands, products, communication, competitor performance and market drivers to innovate towards white space.
· An understanding of how sales, digital, and marketing intersect
· Experience working autonomously and owning a sales territory
· Exposure to the Omni-channel retail business
· Know what is means to be consumer-centric in a global organization
· Acquire a hands on experience about how the number one beauty company takes accelerates in the digital space
Who You Are:
- Minimum Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university pursuing a bachelor's degree with an expected graduation between December 2021 - July 2022
- Able to start working fulltime starting September 2022 upon graduation with your bachelor's degree
- Legally authorized to work in the US on a fulltime, permanent, and ongoing basis without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- Willing to relocate to any USA-based office that has a Digital Management Trainee opportunity, including:
§ New York, New York
§ Jersey City, New Jersey
§ El Segundo, California
§ Newport Beach, California
§ West Hollywood, California
- Stand-out Qualifications:
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in any major with a total GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Showcased ability to work in a professional, dynamic environment through previous internship or relevant work experience. This include part-time work, work study, side-gigs, freelancing, volunteering, summer work, or internships
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity in fast-paced working environment
- Consumer-centric thinking
- Demonstrated leadership ability and interest in Digital/Data through your academics, extra-curricular activities, or professional/volunteer work
- Established self-awareness, in terms of understanding your own culture, identity, biases, prejudices, power, privilege and stereotypes
- Skills Key to Success in Marketing:
- You are data driven, love to create data-driven business strategies and tell a compelling story
- You are resilient and able to bounce back with positivity and entrepreneurial spirit
- You are a strong project manager with the ability to collaborate with multiple partners to achieve a common goal
- You are an effective communicator and have good time management skills to work with both your peers and upper management to drive projects
- This is a full-time opportunity with a full benefits package
- You will be placed on a marketing team for a specific brand in one of L'Oréal's four divisions:
o Consumer Products Division
o L'Oréal Luxe
o Active Cosmetics Division
o Professional Products Division
- There are many perks to being a Management Trainee, but a few standout ones are:
- Access to senior leadership from a strategic vision and mentoring perspective
- True ownership of business relevant projects
- Enhanced training opportunities through a customized learning and development curriculum
- A sense of cohort and community of Management Trainee Actives and Alumni
- Our Digital Management Trainee program is the primary path for consideration into L'Oréal's Assistant Manager opportunities in Digital upon graduation and is based on overall performance and potential
Being part of the L'Oréal USA Management Trainee Program, you will feel empowered to contribute in tangible, meaningful ways from day one because in an organization founded on entrepreneurism and agility, your ideas are not only heard and valued, but they are often put into implementation,
too. As the #1 Beauty Tech company in the world with over 35 international brands - CeraVe, Kiehl's, Maybelline, and Urban Decay to name just a few - we embrace diversity and inclusion , sustainability , innovation , and well-being
in the workplace to lay the groundwork for you to be able to accomplish great things. You can explore our Management Trainee Program and hear directly from our past Trainees by visiting our program page .
Freedom to go beyond, that's the beauty of L'Oréal - Are you ready? ABOUT L'OREAL
Innovation has fueled L'Oréal's business for more than 100 years and we will rely on our culture of innovation and entrepreneurship to help us continually evolve. L'Oréal's dynamic culture provides its employees with entrepreneurial freedom and opportunities to drive transformation across its €29.87B business, encompassing over 35 brands, around the globe. In the US, we have 12,000 employees working collaboratively across 14 states to build leading edge technologies, launch highly personalized products, reimagine consumer experiences, and develop creative solutions to reduce our environmental footprint.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected] . Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.