US - CareerBuilder
The Director of FP&A role is a leading member of our Finance team with the mission to strategically influence business decisions, improve processes and optimize partnerships, performance, margin and growth through leveraging data and analytics. This role will act as a key business partner to executives on a wide range of topics, including headcount planning, business unit analysis and long-range operational planning.
The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated ability to build relationships, influence leaders, think strategically, and provide excellent customer service and strong communication skills.
- Strategic Business Partner
- Facilitate cross-functional communication and teamwork to understand all aspects of the operating performance, income drivers, unusual items and industry issues that might impact the platforms
- Support all FP&A needs of the platforms, including analytics to focus the businesses on their key financial levers that drive performance and straightforward decision support tools that provide actionable insights
- Perform regular industry benchmarking to inform business strategies and provide context to performance
- Effectively communicate the performance, challenges and opportunities facing the platforms
- Provide essential business insights while minimizing the operating team's reporting time commitment
- Monthly/Quarterly Reporting
- Responsible for key management and GAAP external reporting related to the platforms, ensuring clear linkage with the key drivers of performance, the budgets and the business incentive targets
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Organize monthly review package including key financial metrics and performance indicators.
- Responsible for the design and execution of all forecasting processes and models
- Identify and execute on opportunities to simplify and enhance the current processes and models
- Create ad-hoc financial modeling to support operational and strategic business decisions and to improve efficiency to maximize ROI.
- Analyze the business to identify trends in the business; recommend and implement specific corrective actions when warranted.
- Support development of 3-year Strategic Plan, Annual Operating Plan, and Quarterly Review.
- Lead monthly forecast process, providing periodic updates
- Manage and/or assist with special projects on group wide initiatives, process simplification and specific projects as requested.
- Support Key Business Initiatives
- Establish strong controls within the team and ensure data accuracy
- Work closely with other functions on key projects (e.g., Investments, Accounting, Tax, Treasury) as needed
- Responsible for financial analysis and cash flow modeling supporting the strategic initiatives of the organization.
- Help drive finance discipline, fact-based decision-making, and financial visibility
- Perform financial analytics in support of all business decisions including balance sheet and cash flow forecasting.
- Understand the key strategic priorities of the organization with an understanding of the "bigger picture" and perform analysis to ensure company resources are allocated efficiently in support of those priorities.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and critical thinking that can solve problems and make recommendations based on self-directed work efforts.
- Develop presentations that effectively communicate and summarize an analysis and facilitate decision-making for Executive Leadership and the Board of Directors. Will assist CFO with periodic Board of Directors information preparation.
- Build financials tools, reporting mechanisms, business modeling and financial planning processes that will effectively scale the growth of the business
- Identify business risks and opportunities and initiate action plans to close identified gaps.
Job Requirements: Accountabilities:
Be a trusted, strategic business partner who adds value by providing accurate, timely, and pertinent financial insights. Provide forward looking financial leadership and analysis. Develop and implement robust procedures that create accurate, timely, and relevant financial statements, measurements, forecasts, plans, and business analysis. Manage communications. Focus on continuous improvement and clear communication skills. Coach the global financial staffs on financial analysis and reporting issues. Job Requirements:
- Must have a min 7 years FP&A experience
- Successful track record of working and thriving in a dynamic, growth-oriented and often highly ambiguous/transformative environment.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
- MBA or CPA preferred
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Experience in developing and/or the ability to understand complex financial models.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop planning calendars and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with others, including non-Finance personnel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills and working knowledge of Access, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experienced in large ERP systems -; experienced with consolidation software/tools
- Ability to persuade others through disciplined use of data.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once maintaining accuracy and speed.
- Positive attitude and demonstrated flexibility in re-prioritizing projects.
- Strong problem solving, strategic thinking and analytical skills with the ability to synthesize large amounts of data.
- Detail orientation with high attention to quality and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Able to develop outstanding business relationships and provide functional leadership even though all players do not report directly to this position.
- Above average written and oral communication skills
- Disciplined work ethic, detail oriented and well organized.
- Team player and results oriented.
- Ability to work across cultures and functions seamlessly.
This role will be based out of our Chicago office, but given the current COVID-19 environment, all teams are working remotely until it is safe to return to the office. Candidate interactions and interviews will be 100% virtual due to COVID-19.Benefits-We're All About You!
When you're focused on the goal, not the path - you can be more flexible, and that translates into more productive and satisfied employees. From flexible hours to volunteering during work hours to diverse education opportunities, CareerBuilder is committed to helping employees strike a balance.
Here are just some benefits we offer:
- Training that positions you to hit the ground running with ongoing learning and development courses; we never stop investing in our people.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Programs
- Education Reimbursement Program allowing up to $5k per year towards completion of a Bachelor's and non-MBA graduate degree, and up to $10K per year towards completion of an MBA
- Global Wellness initiatives to promote financial, mental and physical health and well-being
- 401(k) Program with a two year vesting schedule, discretionary match, and an opportunity to make Pretax and Roth contributions
CareerBuilder, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status. TSR ID:
This job has expired.